I’m watching more movies for fun, now that I’m not getting paid for reviews. Periodically, I will publish my reactions, just….because. Also, you will probably like this more if you’ve seen the film in question. Spoilers ahoy!
- Somehow, Doctor Strange is the only Marvel movie I didn’t get around to seeing in theatres. I hope watching it out of order won’t be too confusing.
- Stephen Strange = Sherlock Holmes in scrubs. That explains the casting.
- Rachel McAdams is wasted as the standard frustrated/supportive girlfriend. The MCU really needs more women who do stuff. Paging Captain Marvel!
- For a genius, our hero sure drives like an idiot.
- Benjamin Bratt and Benedict Cumberbatch in a scene together? You trying to kill me, Marvel?
- Me when the guy who rescues Strange from the muggers reveals himself:
“Why is Black Panther in this?”
“Wait, that’s Chiwetel Ejiofor, not Chadwick Boseman.”
“Oh, god, does that make me a huge racist?”
- Meanwhile, Tilda Swinton is playing this character:
So, I’m at least less racist than whoever made that decision.
- Seriously, I love Tilda Swinton, but what is she doing here? Besides pissing off Asians.
- Mr. Cumberbatch looks really good in that goatee.
- Hey, I found other people who could be twins!
- Inception superhero fight. I dig it!
- Aw, Stan Lee 😦
- Why do bad guys team up with all-powerful destructive beings? Has that ever worked out well for them?
- Strange plays temporal “I’m not touching you” with the boss monster. Even reality-bending supervillains will lose their shit over that.
- Infinity Stone reference!
- OK, watching it out of order is a little bit confusing. Note to self: Don’t do that.
- So is Mordo going to show up in the next Avengers movie? Wait, did he already show up in another movie?
- I have got to make sure I watch these in order.